2017 Family of the Year Award
APPLICATION DUE: SEPTEMBER 22, 2017 BY 5:00 PM
Has your family (or a family you know) had a positive impact on your Appalachian experience? If so, nominate them for our inaugural Family of the Year award!
Any Appalachian student (undergraduate or graduate) is eligible to nominate a family. All families are eligible regardless of alumni status or state of residence.
All submissions will be evaluated by the following criteria:
- Family's support for student's college success
- Family's enthusiasm for Appalachian State University.
All student nominators and up to 4 members of the nominated family will be invited to a free recognition breakfast, where our winning family will be announced.
Family of the Year Recognition Breakfast
Saturday, October 21, 2017 | 9:00-10:00 a.m. | Parkway Ballroom, Plemmons Student Union
The Family of the Year (nominating student and up to 4 members of the nominated family) will receive:
- Complimentary tickets to the October 21st Family Weekend Tailgate
- Premiere seating and recognition at the October 21st Family Weekend Football Game against Coastal Carolina University
- A commemorative award presented during our Family of the Year recognition breakfast
- University Bookstore gift card and prize pack
- The family's story will be featured in campus publications, including the Parent & Family newsletter and website