On Friday, 7:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., parents and family visitors coming to campus are required to park in the Rivers Street Parking Deck. The facility is located on Rivers Street between Harper Hall and the CAP Science Building. Look for the pedestrian bridge over the street, as it is a part of the parking deck. [view it on the campus map] A modest fee per hour is charged.
After 5:00 p.m. on Friday you may park in any available space on campus, unless otherwise posted. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the Parking Office at (828) 262-2878.
Parents and Families are invited to park for free at the Human Services Lot (Address: 126 Poplar Grove Ext., Boone NC) located where Rivers Street and Poplar Grove connect.
- There will be an AppalCART bus (The Blue Line) that will bring you to campus (Peacock Circle formerly Raley Circle).
- From Peacock Circle (formerly Raley Circle) you can walk to the Student Union, Family Weekend Tailgate or anywhere on campus you so desire.
- The AppalCART bus (The Blue Line) will begin to run at 9:00 am and will continue to run until two hours after the game ends. You will be able to catch the AppalCART bus back at Peacock Circle to take you to your vehicle at the Human Services Lot until it stops running a little before two hours after the game ends.
Please do not park in the parking decks or other assigned spots on campus as they are reserved for Yosef Club members and special guests. Your car will be towed and/or ticketed. For handicapped parking information look below or click here.
Handicapped Parking (taken from www.appstatesports.com website):
Handicapped Parking for patrons with valid state-issued disability parking tag, is provided at the Holmes Convocation Center for each game. Shuttles are provided from this location to the stadium for our patrons with disabilities and their families and/or caregivers. Early arrival is recommended. For more information on handicapped parking, please visit www.TailgateattheRock.com.
Additional Parking on Campus
- There are two lots on King Street below the College of Education (previously belonged to the Presbyterian Church) that belong to the University and is open on a first come, first serve basis. You may park there without paying a fee. Again, it is on a first come, first served basis.
- Another lot is right behind the Plemmons Student Union and the Miles Annas Building. This lot sits directly across from what use to be the Presbyterian Church. Again, faculty and staff will be using some of this lot as they work, but it is possible there will be some open spaces for you to utilize on a first come, first served basis, at no cost.
On Sunday you may park in any available space on campus, unless otherwise posted. If you have additional questions or concerns, please contact the Parking Office at (828) 262-2878.